Apple-Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal
The comfy combo of apples and cinnamon makes this baked oatmeal a breakfast treat. It may remind you of apple pie, but purely with the goodness of rolled oats, almond milk, and crisp apples.
When making this recipe (which I do almost weekly), my favorite apple combo is one honeycrisp apple + one rave apple, but of course, you can use whatever you prefer!
This recipe is hearty and wholesome, yet super easy to prepare. It’s perfect for sharing or enjoying for multiple days!
APPLE-CINNAMON BAKED OATMEAL
Vegan and gluten-free
- 2 large apples, peeled and diced
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 TBSP flax seeds
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg or apple pie spice (optional)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 TBSP maple syrup (optional, for extra sweetness)
- ¼ cup raisins (optional)
- 2-3 cups milk (I use vanilla unsweetened almond milk)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a 9×9″ pan with coconut oil.
- Peel and dice apples into ½ inch cubes.
- Stir together the rolled oats, flax seeds, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla extract. Mix in maple syrup, if desired.
- Spread half of the apples in the pan.
- Add half of the oat mixture on top of the apples.
- Sprinkle on a layer of raisins.
- Add the rest of the apples.
- Spread the rest of the oat mixture on top.
- Evenly pour almond milk to just cover everything. Press down with a fork or tilt the pan to evenly distribute the liquid, if needed.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and let set for 5-10 minutes. Enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers to enjoy later (hot or cold).