Pumpkin Banana Bread
Pumpkin bread and banana bread merge in this delightful fall recipe, and let me tell you – it’s delicious! It has a mouthwatering balance of sweetness and pumpkin spice – good luck eating a single slice!
PUMPKIN BANANA BREAD
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 55 minutes
Makes 1 large loaf
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 TBSP pumpkin spice (or 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon + 1 tsp nutmeg + 1/2 tsp cloves + 1/2 tsp ginger)
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup Greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup mashed bananas (1-2, depending on size)
- ⅔ cup pure pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger. Set aside.
- Beat eggs, granulated sugar, brown sugar, Greek yogurt, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract well.
- Add flour mixture, mashed bananas, and pumpkin. Mix until evenly combined.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let sit in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- Let cool, slice, and serve! Enjoy.