Pumpkin Apple Muffins
I was enjoying my last piece of pumpkin banana bread the other day, and let me tell you – I was savoring that slice! I just kept thinking, “wow, I need to bake more of this!” Of course, going a day without pumpkin spice in October is slightly disappointing, and so is a day without apple-cinnamon goodness. So, I decided to bring the flavors together, and I whipped up a batch of these pumpkin apple muffins the next morning! Moist and spectacularly spiced, I just had to tip my head back and let out a big “mmhmmmm” when I took the first bite!
PUMPKIN APPLE MUFFINS
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes
Makes 12 muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp cloves
- ½ tsp ginger
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup Greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup pure pumpkin
- 2 medium apples, peeled and diced small
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger. Set aside.
- Beat eggs, granulated sugar, and brown sugar well. Add Greek yogurt, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract. Beat until evenly combined.
- Mix in pumpkin puree and dry ingredients until evenly combined. Stir in apples. The batter will be quite thick.
- Line a standard muffin tin with cupcake liners. Evenly divide batter between cups.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.